Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fearless

I don't think Pookie has any concept of what fear is.  Granted, he is 20 months old.  His brain isn't hard wired to figure out that doing certain things might result in injury.  Also, he is all boy.  One of my younger brothers was known for jumping off of everything.  Making a flying leap from the couch to that chair that is five feet away.  No problem!  Crash!  It is astounding that none of us needed stitches due to stupidity.  Pookie seems to be following in his Uncles footsteps. 

I brought Pookie to a playground a couple of days ago, to help him get his wiggles out.  At this particular playground there were three sections.  One for toddlers, one for young kids and one for bigger kids.  Pookie makes a bee-line for the big kid section.  I can't say that I blame him.  It was the biggest structure on the playground, and it had a lot of fun things to do on it.  I attempted to steer Pookie towards the toddler structure.  He made it down the slide once before heading to more interesting things.  We did spend a good amount of time at the middle structure.  There was this tube that connected one half to the other.  Pookie had a great time scooting from one side to the other.

Of course, we made a couple trips over to the big kid structure.  Pookie needed to check everything out.  Over the summer, Pookie has developed a love for slides.  Nanny got a Little Tikes slide and swing for the back yard.  This was a very big hit with Pookie.  Apparently, when it comes to slides, in Pookie's opinion, bigger is better.  As we were wandering on the big kid structure, Pookie finds the tallest slide that spirals down to the ground.  He scooted right up to it, and down he went.  The little stinker had the nerve to look at me with this "Ha ha ha! Look what I'm doing!" face as he was going down.  I had visions of him shooting out of the slide and landing several feet away.  Pookie at least had the smarts to use his sneakers to slow his decent. That gave me enough time to get to the bottom before he landed.  He looked so proud of himself.  I redirected him to the swings.  Regardless, a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment