Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MIA

On Sunday, I had the bright idea of ripping out the flower plot next to the house and to re-organize it.  No, this isn't the massive garden on the side yard.  That sucker isn't going anywhere any time soon.  There is a patch of garden next to the drive way, by the back door.  Three years ago, I put in several lily's that I transplanted from my grandparent's old house.  Of course they had the audacity to grow and were looking a little overgrown.  It didn't help that Rob re-painted that side of the house and trampled any vegetation that was living over there.  Regardless, it looked sad. 

With Pookie by my side, I went to town digging everything up.  I find it very entertaining to watch Pookie with a shovel.  He can keep himself busy for quite a while.  Then when he got sick of digging holes, he would go into the garage and "help" Rob paint the dump truck.  (On a side note, Truck Day is on Sept. 9th.  Rob loves to bring his trucks down and show them off.  Of course the trucks have to be shiny and looking spiffy.) 

As I was digging up the garden, I went in search of bulbs that I have planted over the past couple of years.  I managed to find the hyacinth and the muscari bulbs, but the tulips were no where to be found.  Mind you, I had at least a half dozen tulip bulbs, and I could not find a single one.  I really hope that somehow I just missed them and they will pop up next year.  However, I think they have disappeared.  My mother-in-law suggested that the squirrels might have gotten them.  I never saw any signs of the ground being disturbed where the bulbs were located.  I guess the waiting game is on.  It will be interesting to see what actually pops up in that garden next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment