Saturday, June 9, 2012

Garden, part 1

Other than mowing the lawn, I think I have taken over the yard.  Our yard is okay, it's pretty bland, due to the fact that Rob is very busy taking care of other peoples yards.  Now that Pookie is a little older, I have decided that I want to spruce up the yard a little bit.  A very large flower bed is in the works.  I am still in the planning stages and I will update on how that is coming along.  For now I've been having fun in the back yard.

Growing up, we always had a vegetable garden.  As I got older and my parents were busier, the garden fell to the wayside.  However, we did have grape vines and my mom makes an awesome grape jelly!  I've been itching to have a vegetable garden in my back yard.  Rob has been telling me that he will put in raised beds.  Unfortunately, he is a little slow at getting around to it, so I took matters into my own hands.  I bought planters instead!  Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I bought some spray paint and had a little fun! 
before
after
There are five large pots and one small pot. I ended up painting two of the large pots and one small one. From there I got a little more creative. I have three vine plants and to help them along, I decided to make a trellis.
 
Yes, it is a ladder.  I'm not sure if I like it or not.  This might get reorganized.  But then again, maybe not, it's starting to grow on me. 

Of course I had my little helper! 




No comments:

Post a Comment