Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garden, part 2

Rob finally dug out my flower bed for me.  We are putting a rather large flower bed in the front yard.  All together it is about 73 feet in length.  Thirty of those feet are being taken up by a couple of lilacs and at least one hydrangea bush.  The other 40 I need to figure out what to do with!  Luckily, I have a plan.  Or at least part of a plan. 
View from the street.

A couple of days ago, Rob needed to remove several bushes from a customers yard.  Seeing as he had a bobcat, Rob figured that it would be a good idea to put in our flower bed.  Pookie had a great time watching the "guck" aka "truck."  Pookie has a great love of all things that go vroom!  After Rob was done, all that was left to do was to edge the bed.  I like to put around in the yard, and I know how busy Rob is, so I volunteered to put the edge in.  Rob left me a wheelbarrow and some tools and wished me good luck.  It took me about an hour and a half to put in about 40" of edge and truck out the grass.  Luckily, Pookie actually took a nap for me.  Pookie has been having a lot of issues with naps.  They can be somewhat nonexistent.  Poor kid, he's trying to transition down into one nap and we've been hitting a lot of road blocks.  I managed to finish up just as Pookie was waking up.  Talk about timing! 
Closer view of my beautiful edge.

Later that night, Rob took a look at the edge that I put in.  "Wow, honey!  You actually did a good job!"  Um, excuse me?  Did I hear you right?  I put in an hour and a half of hard work and I get an "actually"?  About that, you might want to try that sentence again.  Apparently, my wonderful hubby is used to "homeowner" fixes.  When someone does something that he or she think looks wonderful, just because he or she happen to watch HGTV.  In reality, whatever that person did, could use a little work.  Silly, silly man.  I wonder how much longer it will take him to realize that I'm smarter than he thinks I am?  On the flip side, if he has really low expectations, it won't take that much to knock his socks off!

My "helper"
Now we just need to remove a few roots, add in some more dirt and get some plants!  There is a section of the bed that needs to be slightly reconfigured.  Regardless, we are on our way to a finished flower garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment