Saturday, August 25, 2012

The case of the missing poop...

The other night Rob, Pookie and I went to a car show after Rob got home from work.  It takes about 45 minutes to get there, but it's fun to drive out, get dinner, walk around and see all the old cars.  Plus they are an ice cream stand and they happen to have a gift shop.  What could be better?  Get a little dinner, see some old cars and do a little shopping before getting dessert and heading home.  We are definitely part of a car loving family.  The older the better.  I'm talking classic old cars and if they have a big engine and can go fast, all the better. 

We had an enjoyable dinner.  It was nothing fancy.  But the food is good, none the less.  After we got all cleaned up, we went to take a stroll.  First stop was an old tractor.  Pookie loves any piece of heavy machinery.  As we were admiring the tractors large wheels, Pookie got this look of concentration on his face.  Yep, he had to go #2.  I didn't feel like schlepping back to the truck to change his diaper, and the port-a-potties looked terrifying, so I went into the gift shop to see if they had a changing table in the bathroom.  Apparently they aren't equipped with a baby changing station, but the bathroom was fairly large and I figured I could work something out. 

I haven't mastered the art of changing Pookie's diaper as he is standing up.  However, I didn't want him laying on the bathroom floor, even with a changing mat under him.  Pookie is a very wiggly kid.  I get everything situated and take off Pookie's diaper.  There is a smear of poo, but the poo itself is missing.  I check his backside.  It's not there either.  The poo managed to dislodge itself and land on the floor.  I grab a baby wipe and scooped it up.  Followed by giving the floor a good scrub with another baby wipe.  Then I topped it off with a little hand sanitizer squirted on the floor and rubbed in with a paper towel.  I managed to get Pookie's clean diaper on.  It was a little haphazard, but it was attached.  I finished up business and exited the bathroom.  By this time the line had formed around the corner. 

The rest of the car show was entertaining.  Pookie kept trying to either touch or get into the cars.  Seeing as most of the cars are show pieces, little fingerprints are not appreciated.  There was a Dodge station wagon with a third row seat in the back.  I told Rob that this is the car that I need for my next vehicle.  It has all the room I could ever need, plus it has great visibility!  He just laughed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment