Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bath time

My little guy has just turned two.  I have no idea where the past two years have gone.  I had a funny moment the other day that gave me a flash back to when Pookie was little.  Pookie has his bath time in the kitchen sink.  He fits and my back and knees don't hurt after.  It works for now.  Pookie loves his bath time.  I blow bubbles and he tries to eat them.  I think that child would eat just about anything.  He has a lot of fun splashing around and getting Mama wet.  As I was finishing up cleaning Pookie off, I thought about his first bath at home. 

The winter Pookie was born, it was cold and we had a LOT of snow.  Like, so much snow, I didn't see Rob for about three months because he was either out plowing or he was sleeping.  My mom came out for a visit right after we got home from the hospital to help us out.  We had been home for a day or two, and we decided to give Pookie a bath.  I got everything ready.  I turned up the heat in the house, I made sure that we had enough towels and that the water was at a nice warm temperature.  Because Pookie still had the umbilical cord stump attached, he needed to have a sponge bath.  I got everything set up on the changing table and my mom and I got to work on bathing Pookie.  About half way through, I looked at Pookie's face and his lips were blue.  Poor thing was cold!  I hadn't had him home for even a week, and I managed to turn my son blue.  Talk about Mom-of-the-Year Award!  We quickly finished his bath and got him all wrapped up like a burrito.  We got him all toasty warm and pink again in no time. 

Flash forward two years and now he is running around the house almost naked before his bath.  Pookie radiates heat, between Pookie and Rob, I have two personal space heaters.  It is astounding how much one little person can change in the span of two years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment