Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gift overload

Pookie has recently turned 2.  I can not believe that my baby is 2 years old.  My mom keeps reminding me to wait until Pookie graduates from high school.  If I feel like time has flown by now, it is much worse then.  With Christmas and then Pookie's birthday, Pookie has received a LOT of gifts.  We are starting to run out of room to put things.  Talk about a first world issue.  My child has received too many gifts.  Do I sound ungrateful or what?  There are so many people that love Pookie and want the best for him and have a tendency to buy too much for him.  Really, that's not such a bad thing.  However, we only have so much space. 

It was very funny watching Pookie opening up his gifts.  At Christmas he would peel off one strip of wrapping paper at a time and throw that piece of paper away before tearing off another piece.  I think Pookie was more interested in putting things in the garbage than actually opening his gifts.  Once an item had been opened, Pookie would then want to play with that new item.  Looking back, I should have let him open one gift a day as apposed to opening everything at once.  By the time we got to my in-law's house, Pookie was starting to be all done with opening gifts.  Of course a pile awaited Pookie.  By the time everything was opened, Pookie was fried. 

We ended up celebrating Little Christmas with my side of the family.  Pookie decided to take stuff randomly out of bags and play with that item for a while before moving onto something else.  It ended up working really well.  So when his birthday rolled around, I wasn't too surprised that Pookie randomly started pulling stuff out of bags.  He did a little at a time, and he had opened everything by the end of the party.  Thank goodness that Pookie got a lot of clothing.  I think he officially has more pants than Rob and I combined. 

At some point I have to go through all of Pookie's toys and sort through things.  Some things I will save for later, some things will be put in storage for the next munchkin and some things are going to need to find a new home.  I think I am going to need some more storage containers to help sort Pookie's toys so he knows what he actually has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment