Thursday, October 6, 2011

Deck the halls!

I love Christmas!  It is my absolutely favorite time of the year.  Well, holiday wise, that is.  Because Fall is really my favorite time.  Nothing like the cool days and crisp nights.  Ooh, and apple picking with cider doughnuts.  Yum!  I digress...  I was thinking big thoughts while brushing my teeth the other night.  I come up with the most interesting ideas while brushing my teeth.  I started thinking about the holidays, and how they were quickly approaching.  Then I realized that Pookie gets into EVERYTHING, and I figured that I better come up with a battle plan now. 

I have started with the stockings.  I love my stocking.  It is hand knit, with my name on it and a Santa going down a chimney.  My grandmother had a friend who made them, so all of my cousins, my brothers and I have matching stockings.  There is a lot of history with that stocking.  Rob has a stocking from his childhood, it's much simpler than mine.  I started looking for a stocking for Pookie, and then I got thinking.  Maybe we should all get new stockings.  Something that coordinates.  I went onto Pottery Barn Kids, and found three very cute stockings and had our names put on them.  I went with something where new designs come in, but the overall line has been around for awhile.  That way as we add onto our family all the stockings can coordinate!  See, I'm thinking ahead.  Also, I thought the stockings were reasonably priced.  That way if I do change my mind about the design, I don't feel bad about getting new ones. 

I then realized that Pookie is really on the move, and gets into EVERYTHING.  The tree needs to be baby-proofed.  I have started to think about how to tether the tree to the house.  I don't think that Rob will really like any of my ideas on that subject.  Seeing as they involve a masonry drill bit, and holes in the fireplace.  So I came up with Plan B: to have soft, indestructible items on the tree.  I had a brilliant idea for making garland, that will use up some of my yarn stash.  I have also been looking for basic templates to make ornaments from.  This is going to be a home-style Christmas tree this year!  I am so excited about it!  I'll have to post pictures of the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment