Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My little monster

I love my wonderful little boy.  Except, I really should have made his middle name Trouble.  Seeing as he gets into EVERYTHING.  This past weekend, Pookie and I went up to the Shack with my aunt and uncle and their highly energetic dog, Max.  Max's name should be Trouble, too.  Both Max and Pookie were into everything, and of course they want to spend quality time together.  Too bad that Max is a highly energetic boxer that is about four times the size of Pookie, and he likes to lick, and bounce.  You know how Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh, bounces?  Maxwell, bounces.  Really, it's kind of funny to watch.  Although with Pookie on the floor, it's a bit disconcerting.  That's why my aunt requested that I bring the play-pen up with me.  Although by Sunday, Max wasn't too bad, he had calmed down quite a bit. 

Pookie and I had a wonderful time.  The only glitch was the fact that Pookie refused to sleep in his bed.  I wasn't able to get a crib when we went up in August, so we got a toddler bed.  But now that Pookie can pull himself up, we have a bit of a problem.  Then to add in the fact that Pookie still hasn't developed depth perception yet, that caused another bit of a problem.  The first night that we were there, I plopped him in bed.  Of course he fell out and landed on his head.  And landed right in front of the door to boot.  Ugh.  It's a good thing Pookie has a hard head.  So I thought about it, and figured the safest thing was to have him sleep with me.  It actually worked out quite well.  Naps, however, were horrendous.  Luckily we decided to go out and about, and Pookie ended up sleeping in the car.  I'm going to have to figure something out for the next time we go, because this isn't working.  I did try to have Pookie sleep in the play-pen, but that didn't work.  I think mainly because it was in the middle of the living room.  Maybe another trip to IKEA is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment