Thursday, February 16, 2012

And they all rolled over...

Pookie is working on two more teeth. He's getting his 3rd bottom tooth and a molar. This will bring the teeth count to eight! Teeth are good, however the process of getting them could be improved upon. I can deal with the drool and the clogged/runny nose. It's the lack of sleep that's getting to me. Generally there is one night that is really bad. In which Pookie wakes up several times, and wants to be fed each time.


Last night as I was getting into bed, Pookie woke up crying. It was the whinny cry, in which he is more pissed at being awake, than wanting to be feed. I laid in bed for twenty minutes listening to him. Finally, I decided Pookie wasn't going back to sleep any time soon, so I went in to feed him. We sat in his rocker while I fed him. Once he finished, I plunked him back in his crib and made a pit stop to the bathroom. I made it into the bathroom before Pookie decided that he was NOT amused that I had left him there and started shrieking. I stood in the hallway trying to make a decision. Leave him and hope that he falls back to sleep, only to be awakened in two hours because he's feeling miserable again. Or do I just take the easy way out and bring Pookie into bed with Rob and me. Sleep was calling, and Rob had an early morning, so the easy way won out. I picked up Pookie and we piled into the big bed. Pookie snuggled in, took one look at me and one look at Rob and fell asleep.


Pookie had a great night's sleep. Rob and I, however, did not. Rob ended up tossing and turning all night, which made me toss and turn. Plus, Rob puts out a lot of heat to begin with and Pookie is just as bad. One half of me was boiling, while the other half was freezing. When Rob got up a little before 7am, so did Pookie. Normally Pookie sleeps to sometime around 9am. Give or take a half hour or so. 7am, is just a little too early. Luckily for me, I was able to feed Pookie and put him in his crib and he slept for another hour and a half. Of course Pookie woke up all chipper. Rob and I dragged through the day. Needless to say, it's going to be an early bed time for Rob and I. Pookie, however, will probably be up partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment