Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vroom?

At some point this year, I will be getting a new car.  I don't know how I feel about this.  I love my little PT Cruiser.  It has always gotten me to where I need to go.  The only problem is, it is getting too small.  Considering that Rob and I are planning on adding to the family at some point, we are going to need something bigger.  We went to the Auto Show in January.  I was convinced that I needed a Suburban.  A huge car that would fit everything that I would possibly need to put in it.  However, I was really impressed with the GMC Acadia.  The car companies have realized that there are some parents out there, that don't want a minivan.  They have taken the concept of the minivan and swished it around and turned it into a crossover SUV.  This way it is family friendly, while still appealing to a broader market. 

A couple of Sundays ago, Rob and I started test driving cars.  I want to get a good feel for everything out there.  We started with the Toyota Highlander.  The ride was really smooth, but there isn't enough room for my stroller if the 3rd row seat is up.  I have a massive stroller.  It's an UppaBaby Vista.  I love my stroller!  The only bad thing about it, is how big it is.  After ruling out the Highlander, Rob and I went to a GMC dealership were we drove the Acadia, as well as the Buick Enclave.  I really liked how the Acadia drove.  The only bad thing was that the inside dash lit up red.  That didn't make me very happy.  The Enclave however, lit up blue!  At the moment I am really leaning towards the Enclave. 

I still want to take the Ford Flex and Explorer out for a test drive.  I'm also thinking about the Volvo XC 90.  I really want to take my time and make sure that I get the right car for me.  It would help if the car had a sun roof, an entertainment system for the kid(s), and be a very pretty color.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. too bad car manufacturers haven't brought back the station wagon yet! With woodgrain paneling??? ;)

    ReplyDelete