Saturday, August 11, 2012

Garden, part 3

We have been moving right along with our garden.  I wanted to get as much done before I had my tonsillectomy as possible.  I was able to find a good chunk of the plants that I was looking for.  There are still several spring and early summer plants that I need.  I also wanted to be able to add in plants as time goes along.  I know that some plants aren't going to make it.  In fact, we have had to replace one of the lavender plants already.  I don't think it was quite getting enough water.  The new one is doing much better. 

A couple of days ago, Pookie and I went to a gardening center near by to pick up lilacs and a peony shrub.  We had a rather entertaining time.  Between Pookie rolling away (luckily a plant stopped the cart!) when I went to look at a shrub and walking through mud in my flip-flops, we had a great time!  I soon realized that my small cart wouldn't accommodated two good sized shrubs, so I pulled Pookie out and explained to him that he needs to stay with Mama while we look at plants.  We grabbed a near by pallet on wheels and Pookie had a grand old time helping me push the cart around. 
Towards the end of our shopping expedition, I had picked up several lily-of-the-valley plants.  Pookie would go over and pick up the plant and carry it for a few feet and then put it back with the others.  Then he would pick it up again for a few more feet and repeat the process.  At one point, he dropped the plant and dirt spilled out.  Pookie's standing there saying uh oh!  I scoop everything back together and told him the plant was okay.  He then went back to his process of holding the plant and putting it back on the cart.  I think Pookie was in 7th heaven, between all of the puddles, the trucks and the equipment! 





No comments:

Post a Comment