Friday, August 24, 2012

Grocery shopping

Grocery shopping is not my favorite thing.  Well, I don't mind going to the store and selecting my purchases.  It's the schlepping everything into the house and putting it away that sends me over the edge.  Think about it, by the time you're done, you have basically handled everything five times.  Six, if you bag everything yourself.
1. put it in the basket
2. put it from the basket onto the conveyor belt
3. bag and put back in the cart
4. put the bag in the car
5. bring the bag from the car into the house
6. unpack and put away
That is really way too many times to touch the same item. 

To add to the yuckiness that is grocery shopping, I am having a few issues with my current store.  I was looking for blueberries and every single package had mold in it.  Yuck!  The vegetables looked sad.  It was not good.  Then to top it off, I generally re-bag my groceries when I get to the car, because the bagger feels the need to put every single heavy thing in the same bag.  If you have problems picking it up, then it is too heavy. 

To attempt to fix this problem of yucky fresh food, I have decided to try a different grocery store.  This new grocery store, let's call it MB for future reference, leaves a lot to be desired.  It is know for having really cheep prices.  MB has opened up a new, larger, store and I thought it would be a good idea to at least try it out.  MB should really provide battle gear when you enter their store.  There are more little old ladies than at a bingo convention shopping in this place!  And they have a take no prisoners attitude!  It's impressive that Pookie and I made it out alive.  I think it helped that I had Pookie with me.  The little old ladies were distracted by Pookies cuteness and I was able to do a sneak attack to get some potatoes.  When we got home, I had to take a nap with Pookie, because the shopping trip was so tumultuous.  The final verdict?  They did have good produce, but the meat was horrible.  Some of the prices were cheaper, but not cheap enough to convince me to do battle with little old ladies over blueberries.  I think I need to check out the local farmers market for the fresh fruits and veggies.  There is also another grocery store further away that I need to try out.  Hopefully that one won't be inundated with the little old ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment