Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Check-out Lady

Pookie likes to make an impression on people.  He has managed to win over one of the check out ladies at the grocery store.  In fact, this particular lady (let's call her COL) has come back from break slightly early, just so she could ring me up and see Pookie.  Or Blue Eyes as she likes to call him.  COL not only remembers Pookie's name, she also remembered that I needed to ship packages back to Michigan.  This lady has quite the memory!

Now that Rob has finished the fall clean-ups, he has a little more time on his hands.  For someone who has finished the season, he is a really busy guy.  I have decided to take advantage of the fact that Rob is home a little more often.  Which means that I get to leave the house, by myself!  Woo Hoo!  That makes me feel foot loose and fancy free!  I get to do things, like grocery shopping, by myself.  Yay!  Two weeks ago I went shopping without Pookie.  I happened to get into COL's line and she was rather saddened that I had left Pookie at home.  I promised her that I would bring him the following week. 

Here I am, battling crazy holiday shoppers, with Pookie in tow.  Off to go grocery shopping.  Pookie spent a good deal of time trying to get out of the cart.  One day he is going to fall on his head and crack it open.  Although, Pookie will probably land on his feet.  He's that kind of kid.  COL was so excited to see Pookie and Pookie was quite excited to see COL.  In fact for the entire duration of checking out, Pookie was trying desperately to get out of the cart.  They had quite the love fest going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment