Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pookie, no!

I get a chuckle out of Rob and Pookie's interactions.  Pookie, as I have mentioned quite a few times, gets into everything.  Especially the stuff that you don't want him to get into.  That really is part and parcel with being a baby/toddler and exploring the world.  Rob really hasn't figured out yet that you have to redirect Pookies attention, when he is getting into something.  If you replace what Pookie wants to get into with something else that is even more interesting, then Pookie won't get into so much trouble. 

I've been closing doors so Pookie won't get into something that I don't want him to.  If Pookie is playing and Rob is in the office, I will encourage Rob to keep the door closed, so Pookie will stay out.  Well, earlier, Rob was keeping Pookie entertained for a minute so I could get dressed in peace.  Floating from the office I hear:
Pookie, no.
Pookie, No!
POOKIE, NO!
I peek around the corner and Rob has Pookie sitting on his lap.  The two of them are watching a video of a truck plowing snow and Pookie is trying to attack the keyboard.  It was hard to keep my laughter to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment