Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is over, the house is a mess and I'm in my comfy cloths.  Life is good!  Everyone has really outdone themselves this year.  My in-laws like to give us our gifts before the 25th, even though we go to their house for Christmas day.  That way we can open our presents at home and not have to lug everything from one house to another.  This year we spent Christmas Eve at Rob's aunt and uncle's home.  Normally we spend it with my side of the family, but things got a little reorganized this year.  As we were leaving on Christmas Eve, my father-in-law transferred gifts from his car to ours.  He was a little concerned that they weren't all going to fit.  After he finished, he let us know that there were more gifts at their house.  Holy Cannoli!  How many gifts did they get?  All in all, it wasn't too bad.  My in-laws showed a lot of restraint in buying Pookie gifts.  The thing that I got the biggest chuckle out of was when my mother-in-law was opening her gifts and telling Rob that he had spent too much money.  Kettle.  Pot.  Black.  That's all I have to say about that!


Pookie opening a gift

If you press it, it makes noise!

Pookie had a great time opening gifts.  Although, by the end of the night, he was on a toy overload.  Poor kid, he just didn't know what to do with himself.  I got him a rocking moose from IKEA that seems to be a big hit with him.  The rocking moose is a little to big for him, but that's something that he can grow into. 

Daddy and Uncle helping Pookie open a gift.
By the way, Pookie is in a Christmas sweater that his Godmother picked out for him.  She likes to say it's an ugly Christmas sweater, but I think it's adorable!  I think both my guys looked very snazzy in their sweater vests!

No comments:

Post a Comment