Sunday, January 8, 2012

Little old lady coming through!

I was in dire need for a new pair of slippers.  Mine had seen much better days.  Rob had purchased them last Christmas.  Back when my feet were swollen due to pregnancy.  I could barely fit my feet into those slippers at first.  It was a sad, sad sight.  Those poor slippers got so stretched out.  It's a little ridiculous.  This year I asked my mom for a new pair.  No problem, she said.  Maybe something cute and fuzzy.  I got the most interesting pair of Betsey Johnson slippers.  The slippers were cute, just not me.  There was a face embroidered on one of the slippers, and I just wasn't up to having someone looking back at me.  I decided to exchange them for something else.

I had the bright idea of running all my returns the day after New Years.  I worked in retail, I really should have know better.  I braved the crowds and off I went.  My first two stops went well.  Then came time to go to the mall.  Ugh.  It wasn't too bad getting in.  It was kind of crazy inside though.  I made it into Macy's and I was on my mission.  Find new slippers.  I found the Betsey Johnson display, but nothing caught my eye.  I hacked my way through accessories and shoes before deciding to head to sleepwear.  Once in sleepwear I found the stash of slippers.  As I was sorting through, I think I found the most ugly footwear ever to be created.  It looked like a dead rodent attached to slippers.  On closer inspection I realized that it was supposed to be dog head's on the tops of the slippers.  Ugly is ugly no matter how you slice it.  After taking stock of the slippers that were left, I found a pair of baby blue old lady slippers.  I was in love.  I made my exchange and away I went.  As a side note, I sat in traffic for over a half hour trying to get out of the mall.  That was a little beyond me. 


my snazzy new slippers

I finally made it back home and proudly showed Rob my new purchase.  I cut off the tags and slipped them on my feet.  I've been shuffling around in them ever sense.  I have started down the slippery slope of middle age.  I still have a ways to get to middle age, but I seem to be making a nose dive for it.  To add to my sexy old lady slippers.  Tonight we got home from going out to dinner.  As soon as I got home I got into my pj's.  I figured I wanted to be in comfy cloths, might as well just hop into my pj's all call it good.  Just as long as I have my old lady slippers to top off the ensemble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment