Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pookie's 1st Birthday


Happy Birthday!


Things have been a little hectic lately.  I've been meaning to post this for almost a week!  Oops.

Pookie's birthday party went well, all things considered!  Surprise, surprise, it was snowing!  Rob had to go out to plow.  Luckily he was able to pit-stop in for a few minutes to see everyone and say hello.  For Pookie's party, I decided to go with bright colors.  I found some fun plates and napkins that just said "Happy Birthday" in bright colors and pulled everything else off of that.  I did get a little creative and made a few banners for around the house and I had way too much fun with crepe paper.
Pookie's highchair.  The hat was not a hit, in Pookie's estimation.

I managed to squeeze slightly over a dozen people in my house!  We had quite the pile of boots going on!  It's a good thing that everyone likes each other.  Pookie had a great time with everyone.  He loves visiting with people. 

When it came time for cake, Pookie had no idea what to do with it.  He kept sticking his finger in the blue gel and smearing it around.  Finally I broke off a piece and gave it to him.  He did start to dig in, but I switched it out for a banana muffin because it was lunch time.  Poor kid.  I took away his cake.  His grandparents fed Pookie cupcakes after he was done with the muffin.  So, I don't feel to bad about taking the cake away.

Pookie got a lot of fun toys, but I think the tent that my mom sent him, might take the cake.  It's not that big, but Rob, Pookie and I can fit in it.  It's a bit of a squish, but we can fit!

Pookie having a ton of fun with a balloon
Pookie peeking out of the tent

1 comment: