Thursday, July 21, 2011

And so it begins.

For whatever reason I have really gotten into reading other peoples blogs.  Then I started thinking, what if I created my own?  Do I really have enough interesting thoughts to share with others?  I have found myself in an interesting situation.  I have become a Stay at Home Mom!  Woo Hoo!  I wouldn't trade this for anything.  With that being said, I feel disconnected in some way.  I'm no longer going to a job and communicating with others.  I went from working in retail and seeing quite a few people in an eight hour shift, down to two.  My husband and small son.  (Don't worry, I do manage to get out of the house on a somewhat regular basis.) 
Seeing that I'm now a SaHM, my husband thinks I have nothing to do.  Silly, silly man.  Part of the bargain we made is that I take care of the house and he makes all the money.  Apparently I still have some free time to rub together so I have decided to become his Office Manager.  My wonderful husband owns Hawley Landscaping.  He does have guys working for him, but he is really busy.  As anyone who is self employed knows, you never leave your job at work.  It's especially hard when it's sitting in your driveway.  I would actually like to see my husband on occasion, hence, I volunteered to be the Office Manager. 
In my previous life I was a Head Cashier at a major bookstore.  I got to play with money, press buttons, and shuffle paperwork.  In my opinion, I am rather qualified to be an Office Manager.  Now Rob has been running his business for a good 10 years or so.  He has an interesting way of running his office, and most of the information is in his head.  Considering he has quite a few accounts, this is impressive.  However, for me, this is bad.  He wants me to do billing, and yet there is no listing of how much he charges whom.  All I want to know is if there is a patron saint for office managers, because I think I might need a little help!
Last Friday night we went to a car show at Kimball Farm, in Lancaster.  We had a wonderful time, and they had pulled pork!  Happiness on a bun I tell you!  There were some wonderful old trucks there.  I pointed one out and mentioned how "Hawley Landscaping, Flower Division" would look wonderful on the side.  We have a running joke of sorts, about a Flower Division for the business.  I could putt around to all his customers planting flowers and having tea with all the little old ladies.  I truly love old people.  I think they're addorable (for the most part).  So when either of us sees an interesting old truck, we point out to the other how it would be wonderful for the Flower Division.  Maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment