Thursday, July 21, 2011

How I know my honey loves me

I have a wonderful sweetie-pie, and I love him dearly.  One of the things that I love most about him is how he shows me that he loves me.  (Don't worry, I'm keeping this clean.)  Forget flowers, forget jewelry, he makes sure that my car is spotless.  On my list of things to keep clean, my car might just be at the bottom.  Several years ago I decided that my car was looking a little worse for wear and it needed to be cleaned out.  There was enough sand on the floor to create my very own beach.  That made me smile, because I've always wanted waterfront property.  Now just because my car is in general need of a bath, that doesn't mean that there is garbage all over the place.  It's neat, just not clean. 
One of Rob's favorite past-times is to wash his trucks.  When he built his new garage (which has almost the same square footage as the house, mind you), he made sure that there was heat and water.  That way he can wash his vehicles during all sorts of weather.  I like to make fun of this particular habit, but really I find it rather endearing. 
Anyway, back to my original thought.  Within any marriage, there are the little ways that you tell each other "I love you".  Every time Rob cleans my car, changes the oil, makes sure that my car has gas, or brings me Munchkins from Dunkin's, I know he's saying "I love you".  In this perticular case, one of his guys who also does detail work, has taken my car over night to give it a real good scrub down.  This is how I know my honey loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment