Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cool mom on the block...?

Who doesn't want to be the cool mom?  Driving the snazzy SUV, dressing appropiately cute, and trying not to embarrass the kids too badly.  I will freely admit, I have done something I feel is a little silly.  Rather practical, but still a little, well, floofy.  I got Mommy Cards.  They are basically business cards, but have all of your contact info on them instead.  This way, if you are out an about, you don't need to worry about finding a pen and paper.  You can just whip out one of your cards and it has all the pertinent information on it.  In reality, business cards derived from calling cards.  If you went to call on someone and they were not at home, you would leave a calling card with your name on it.  Frankly, I'm not sure if the mommy cards fall under the category of "cool mom" or not.  But they are rather cute, if I do say so myself.
 
Rob and I were in the car driving along, and we were discussing my new vehicle.  One day I will get a new car.  I don't know when, but someday.  There has been a lot of debate over the kind of vehicle to get.  I'm thinking long term, when we have 3 or *cough* 4 *cough* kids and we are going on a road trip and need space.  Or just the thought of the kids and a friend or two driving around town.  I need a big car.  I was thinking along the lines of a Suburban.  Rob's thinking Tahoe.  As we are driving along we see a Escalade ESV, which is the equivalent to the Suburban.  I told Rob that maybe that's the car I should get, because after all, he does want me to be the coolest mom on the block, right?  I think he is still laughing over that one. 

Regardless of what happens, I will completely blow any chance I have at the "cool mom" status because I will be the lady shouting "GIVE ME A KISS BEFORE YOU GO!" followed by "I LOVE YOU!  HAVE A GREAT DAY!".  Oh, and don't forget about using spit as a cleaner.  Let me just get a little spit on a kleenex (that I have tucked up my sleeve), and I'll clean you right up.  Oh, Pookie has no idea what's instore for him! 

1 comment:

  1. Mommy cards are cool, but the "coolest" mommies are iPhone toting mommies with "bump." :) Easy to exchange information, AND eco-friendly! ;)

    I hardly ever leave you comments, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying reading! Love you, Rie!

    ReplyDelete