Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Zoo!

Pookie and I meet up with two of my friends to go to the Franklin Park Zoo.  I have never officially been inside the zoo, and I was rather excited to go.  K wanted to see the exhibit of baby red pandas.  They are only on exhibit for a few hours during the day.  Let me tell you, they are ADORABLE!  While we were there, the zoo keepers were baby-proofing the exhibit.  I find that hilarious.  Apparently they can climb up, but they don't know how to climb down yet.  That sounds rather familiar.  Pookie will get himself somewhere, and not know how to get out.  I guess baby's are baby's and get in sticky situations regardless of what species they are.  The poor mama red panda was tucked away in the enclosure.  I don't think she was too happy to be so separated from her babies.  One of the zoo keepers shared a lot of information about the red pandas.  It was kind of fun being able to ask questions, and get extra info.

We also got to see the gorillas.  There was some form of a class going on when we first went to see them.  As we were watching the gorillas, I was telling my friends how Pookie had turned to eating cardboard.  Especially now that I have limited his amount of wood intake.  The lady who worked for the zoo piped up that sometimes the gorillas will eat cardboard.  Basically, wood pulp is part of their diet, and cardboard is wood pulp.  Just in a corrugated format.  Yum.  I guess a little corrugation never hurt anyone. 

Over all we had a fun day, even if it was a little chilly out.  I was kind of bummed that the giraffes weren't out.  We are going to have to go back during the warmer months to see everything that was closed due to weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment