Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Making a list

I have a list of things to do, and I have until December 24th to get them done.  Luckily, I'm no longer working in retail, and I actually have some time to get things done.  Well, as much time as someone with a 10 month old can have.  There is some debate about where Thanksgiving will be celebrated this year.  Whether it should be here or up north.  If it is up north, I need to head to IKEA sooner rather than later, so I can by a crib.  Seeing as the last time I tried to put Pookie in his bed, he fell out, I would prefer not to have a repeat.  On Sunday, I started to create a list of what needs to happen, and in what order.  I realized that a trip to visit Santa was in order.  I figured that I better bring Pookie there before the end of November.  That way Santa has ample time to work on Pookie's request.  Tuesdays are generally the slowest day of the week in retail, so today was the day!

I packed Pookie up and off to the Mall we went.  I'm rushing along because I want to beat out any after school crowd.  I really didn't need to worry because there was no line.  Go figure.  I wheeled Pookie up to where Santa was sitting, and I got a slightly panicked look from the photo lady.  Followed by "is he a crier?", as long as Pookie can see me, he is good to go.  I plunked Pookie on Santa's lap, stood in my designated spot, and Pookie behaved himself.  (Yay!)  He didn't smile, but the photo lady got a great shot of Santa and Pookie looking at each other.  Of course by the time we got to the sales portion of things, Pookie was all smiles.  He was charming the ladies that were helping us with our pictures. 

Part of the package that I got, was a stuffed bear.  No, I don't want the bear, but it comes with everything else.  I have no use for yet another stuffed toy.  I know down the road, we'll be inundated with them, but for right now, forget it.  I figured I would just donate it to Toy's for Tot's.  We get home and I pile up the bags on a kitchen chair, with the bear on top.  Pookie goes over, pulls over the pile, grabs the bear, and heads for the hills.  By the time I catch him, he has started chewing on the bear.  Pookie has decided that the bear is his new favorite toy.  It looks like we have a new acquisition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment