Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My little Beaver

Apparently I'm not giving Pookie enough fiber.  He has decided that gnawing on wood should be a new staple in his diet.  He got his first 4 teeth in during the middle of September.  One morning I went into his room to get him and he had all these brown flecks on his face.  He had chewed about a foot long section of the crib railing.  My beautiful crib, it forever will have Pookie's stamp on it.  When I got him from his afternoon nap there was another section further down that was gnawed upon.  Ugh.  So I decided to get crafty and came up with this.
Yep, those are Rob's socks tied in knots all the way down the railing.  Luckily Rob has quite the plethora of socks.  I then proceeded to go on Amazon and order covers for the railing.  You can kind of see the one on the back railing.  They are made of a soft brown material that is tied onto the railing.  It's not going anywhere, any time soon.

Now that I have taken the crib railings away from Pookie, he has had to find new ways to sneak wood into his diet.  He has gnawed on the kitchen table, his high chair and a poor polar bear.

I looked over and Pookie had white flakes from the paint.  Thank god the paint is non-toxic.  Then last but not least, we were trying out the Little Gym, where we live.  One of the exercises was to have the child grab hold of the bar and help the child swing on it.  Only Pookie decided it looked yummy and did a chin-up and started gnawing on the bar.  I don't think he left teeth marks in it though. 

I'm thinking for Christmas to get Pookie blocks of wood.  That way he can gnaw to his hearts content.  I was thinking of getting a piece of 2x4 and cutting it up and sanding the pieces.  I don't want to buy a block set, because I know Pookie will gnaw his way through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment