Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All by myself!

Everyone needs a little time to themselves every so often.  As an introvert, I crave it.  Good thing I'm a night owl.  After the guys go to bed, I have some time to myself.  This is great for catching up on Facebook and emails.  The challenge comes when I need to get out of the house by myself.  Rob works generally 6 days a week and has erratic hours.  My MIL is great and can help out here and there.  It's just trying to mesh schedules together.  I've found that sometimes it's just easier to bring Pookie with me rather than trying to find someone to watch him.  It's gotten to the point where in my dreams I'm toting him along and I get worried if he's not there.  This has lead to some crazy dreams!

Today I got lucky.  I went out of the house, by myself, and got a mani and a pedi!  Rob and I are going to a wedding on Saturday, so I got the shellac on my nails.  Shellac freaks me out.  But it lasts for two weeks, which is wonderful.  Especially considering that I generally mess up my mani about 5 minutes after I have left the salon.  It felt so wonderful to get out of the house all by myself.  To only carry my cell phone, wristlet and keys.  Pure heaven.  Normally I have Pookie on one side, the diaper bag on the other.  Maybe a stroller to boot.  Oh, and don't forget trying to get ready to leave the house.  How is the diaper supply?  Do I need to bring some form of solids for Pookie?  Do I need a bottle?  Do I have appropriate toys to keep him occupied?  It can be an ordeal to get out of the house. 

Part of being a good mom is being a happy mom.  As one of my aunts likes to tell me, it's very important to take time for one's self.  She's 100% right.  How can I properly take care of another person, if I'm not taking at least a little time for myself.  Everyone needs a break, especially from something that is 24/7.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love Pookie with all my heart.  It's astounding how much you can love another person.  I think one of the best things about getting out of the house by myself is when I come home.  To see the joy and happiness on Pookie's face, it makes everything worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment