Thursday, September 29, 2011

Warning!

Pookie had a small procedure done last week.  He's doing well, and no, I am not going into details.  Mainly because I am somewhat upset over it, and I feel very stupid for being upset.  Also, there are some things that really don't need to be broadcasted to the world.  There are some general details that I don't mind sharing however.  Pookie had to go under general anesthesia to have this procedure done.  Of course I have to sign my life away before anything can be done.  It's astounding how many doctors and nurses you come into contact with.  I was talking to a doctor that I thought was an anesthesiologist, but he was actually assisting Pookie's doctor.  Go figure.  I got sent back to the waiting room while the procedure took place.  Luckily for me, a friend and her little girl came with me to help keep me occupied. 

After the procedure was finished and Pookie was waking up, I was brought back to the recovery area.  One of the lovely nurses was going over all the information that I needed to know.  I had a few questions, and to help answer them, the nurse pulled out an envelope.  Before taking out the contents, the nurse warned me that the images were of a graphic nature.  Now, not for nothing, I have a fairly strong stomach.  The visual doesn't do me in.  It's the smell.  In fact, I have no idea how I got through high school Biology, because I was dry-heaving every couple of minutes.  I was really good at dissecting things though!  By the end of the year, my lab partner was just laughing at me!  In addition to having a fairly strong stomach, I happen to be going home with a baby that has just had this procedure done.  I will be having to look at something of "a graphic nature" for the next couple of weeks while it heals up.  Not only am I going to have to be looking at it, I'm the one who's taking care of it!  People crack me up! 

Pookie has been healing well.  It has been fun times in our household, between Pookie's teeth coming in and the after effects of the procedure.  Tylenol has been my friend!  Luckily Pookie is really good about taking medication!  Pookie is going back to see the doctor in a week to get everything check out.  We are going to have to go into Boston for this appointment, so this should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment