Monday, September 12, 2011

Pearly whites

Pookie is working on his first tooth!  Now in addition to getting into everything, he can start to leave his mark where ever he goes.  Last week was a rough week all around.  Rob is self employed.  That has a lot of perks as well as some headaches.  Last week was quite a headache for Rob.  Generally when one person is cranky, the crankiness spreads it's self around. Needless to say, there was a lot of crankiness going around our house last week.  Normally Pookie goes to bed sometime between 9 - 10 pm.  I aim for 9, but some days it's a little later.  This past week, there were some nights I would put him down and the crying would escalate.  I would feed him again and put him back down.  At this point it would be closer to 10:30.  Pookie then would wake up at 11:20, which is fairly normal for him.  But to top it all of he would wake up sometime between 3 - 5 am.  At first I thought that Pookie was just picking up on that crankiness, then he started chewing on my finger.  I soon realized that his crankiness was from a tooth trying to come in.

All in all, Pookie hasn't been too bad so far.  There have been a couple of episodes that he was really irked.  But on the whole, we've been lucky.  Now, of course because I said the above statements out loud, things should start rolling downhill shortly.  Generally once you say something about your child, they go and prove you wrong. Hopefully Pookie won't try too hard to prove me wrong.

Earlier today Pookie had a rough time waking up from his nap.  Rob came in with me to get him.  As I was opening the curtains up he grabbed Pookie.  Because Pookie seemed more irked than usual, I decided to give him some baby Tylenol.  As I was giving the Tylenol to Pookie, Rob said, "why are you still giving that to Pookie?"  "What are you talking about?" I replied.  Apparently Rob thought that the Tylenol was another medication that we had been giving to Pookie and was completely confused as to why I would be giving it to Pookie now.  Nope, I'm just trying to make Pookie feel better, and maybe not be quite so cranky.  Here's hoping anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment