Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Magnet Baby?

It never ceases to amaze me the kind of attention that Pookie receives.  I think that he's adorable, but I'm his mom.  Of course I think that he is the most beautiful and wonderful baby out there.  For some reason I find it almost odd the amount of attention that he receives.  Not only from adults, but from other kids.  The kids like to check Pookie out.  The adults like to comment on how cute and well behaved Pookie is.  I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that he's a baby.  Every body loves babies.  Well, not everyone, but most people. 

As it was a holiday weekend, we were out and about.  There was a cookout on Saturday that we went to.  As I found out, Pookie does not seem to like grass that much.  I don't think he knows what to make of it.  Whenever we've been out side I've always put him on a blanket.  This time I figured that because Pookie's on the move, he wouldn't stay on the blanket.  Silly me.  Beach blankets were brought out and they saved the day!  There was a little girl that decided that Pookie was adorable, and came over and played with him.  Her little sister made her way over too.  The two girls were adorable!  Their mom came over and told them to be gentle with Pookie.  She told me to send the girls back over to her if they were too disruptive.  I told her not to worry, seeing as Pookie is a rough and tumble kid.  He'll be fine.  The younger of the two girls wandered back and forth, but the older one had a ball with Pookie and his toys!  She was a little sad when I had to pack up.  I'm not sure if it was because Pookie was leaving or Pookie's toys were going.

Today we went for a drive to Gloucester.  We then went to Essex and had dinner at Woodman's.  I had a very yummy lobster roll.  Pookie being his usual charming self, ended up holding hands with a guy standing next to out table.  Luckily the gentleman was a good sport about it!  As we were eating dinner, there was a little boy that came over and wanted to say 'hi' to Pookie.  He proceeded to get into the booth and stare at Pookie with a smile on his face.  After a minute his mom came over to retrieve him.  Apparently the little boy had been eyeballing Pookie for a little while.  Rob was impressed that it took him that long before coming over.  Things like this definitely keep going out to dinner entertaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment