Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dirt

I will freely admit it.  I have a dirty house.  Part is lack of effort on my end, but the slightly larger part comes from my wonderful husband.  As a landscaper, he gets dirty.  Really dirty.  His socks are ingrained with grass, dirt and debris.  There was a pair of socks that were so covered in burs that I tossed them out.  Rob makes a valiant effort to shake off before he comes in.  Even so, stuff gets tracked through.  I've found pieces of the outdoors everywhere.  From the normal places like the floor and the shower.  To the not so normal places like the washer and Pookie's ear.  Whenever I do a load of Rob's work cloths I have to clean out the washer.  There are always twigs, leaves and other stuff left behind.  It cracks me up though.  It falls under the category of "what am I going to find today". 

All of this has become more apparent now that Pookie is on the move.  He end's up getting covered in stuff.  I think I might go back to my original Swiffer idea.  Now that Pookie is getting into more places, he can also clean more places.   I think that just might be a call from DSS waiting to happen. 

Speaking of Pookie on the move. I need to find ways to keep him contained. I have given in. I bought a playpen. Not a Pack-and-Play. I think those are way too small. They also try to do way too many things all at once. I found the playpen on Craigslist and got it for a good price. It's nice and roomy.  I'm kind of excited about this. My next item that I'm looking for is an ExerSaucer. There are two of them that I'm eyeballing, but I might be inheriting one from someone else. At the rate Pookie is growing, it probably won't matter too much. He'll outgrow it sooner rather than later. 

As a side note, is it just me or do baby toys and dog toys look suspiciously a lot a like?

No comments:

Post a Comment