Monday, August 8, 2011

A little goes a long way

Sorry there haven't been any post's for the last week.  We've been on vacation and I haven't had access to a computer.  I'll update on the vacation in my next post, but I wanted to share something I found slightly funny.

Today after we got home from up North, I was working on getting things situated.  Pookie is crawling and getting into everything!  I used to plunk him on the bed so he could see what I was doing, but that is no longer a good idea.  He was on the floor getting into this and that, and came upon something that he shouldn't put in his mouth.  So I swooped in to get the offending item and divert Pookie's attention.  Well the item was covered in dust bunnies.  I'll freely admit it, I am not the best housekeeper in the world.  My dust bunnies have dust bunnies.  You know what they say about bunnies...  Anyway, Pookie had some dust stuck to his face.  A little bit of spit (mine) and a thumb-swipe away, there goes the dust.  I have progressed to cleaning with spit.

A slightly, but not to much so, related story.  Way back in the day my Grandpa was working for lord knows who, and was given the job to find a way to remove writing in ink off of glass slides.  He tried all sorts of chemicals and nothing was working.  One day he went to his boss and told him that he managed to get the ink off.  The boss asked how he managed to do it.  Grandpa replied that after trying a variety of solutions, he thought that maybe a little bit of spit would work.  Wouldn't you know, it took the ink right off.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment