Saturday, August 13, 2011

One am

Pookie likes to wake up in the middle of the night.  In all honesty, I don't mind it.  I am a night owl and I have a hard time falling asleep if it's too early.  My perfect sleep schedule is from 2am to 10am.  That however rarely happens especially now that Pookie has come along.  There are some nights that Pookie sleeps through.  However, he generally wakes up once or twice during the night.  This is actually a good thing, because it helps to keep my milk supply up.  It's kind of nice sitting in the semi-darkness feeding my baby.  Last night Pookie woke up at 1am.  As I was sitting on the couch I started thinking.  My line of thought: curtains. 

There are two small windows on either side of the fireplace and they have a straight valance across the top and venetian blinds.  The blinds are somewhat broken and I think they came with the house.  I hate them.  With a passion.  Especially from the outside, they look sad.  Normally I have them up, but because of the hot weather Rob keeps putting them down.  It makes since, they keep the light and heat out to help keep the house cool.  There is also a large window on another wall.  It has the same straight valance, but these windows have sheers.  The sheers have brown stains on them from the dog.  This is back when the dog was allowed to sit on top of the couch.  I have tried washing them, but the stains are enground.  It's time to fix things up. 

Back to last night.  I was sitting, looking at the sad window treatments and trying to come up with a plan of action.  I'm not a big fan of straight valance's, but I don't know what I want in their place.  So for the moment they will be staying.  I want to get new sheers for all of the windows, and tie them to the sides.  I've been going back and forth about the small windows, but I think I've come up with a solution.  This afternoon I told Rob what I wanted to do.  He gave me this funny look and asked what was wrong with the venetian blinds.  At which point I gave him a funny look and he told me that what I had described sounded wonderful and to do whatever I wanted.  Because it all boils down to I get the run of the inside of the house (within reason) and he get's the run of the outside of the house (within reason). 

The thing's I think of in the middle of the night.  That could be a blog topic all it's own!

No comments:

Post a Comment