Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Smarty-pants and Peaches

Of course I think my child is a genius.  Don't all parents?  And if the parent doesn't think their child is a genius, I think there is something wrong with the parent.  What I find interesting is when other people comment about Pookie.  Pookie is a very alert little boy, he is also very sturdy and has what I think are good motor skills.  I had purchased a playpen from a seller on Craigslist, and the lady, let's call her M, was selling other items.  So today I packed Pookie up and went to look through some cloths and toys.  (I think I got some good stuff!)  M has a little boy that is 2 1/2 and he's adorable!  Although today he was taking a nap.  M couldn't get over how observant Pookie is.  As we were having a conversation Pookie was paying very close attention to everything that was being said.  Later as I was going through some items, M was playing with Pookie, and she couldn't get over his coordination and how sure he is of himself.  As she said, there is nothing flabby about him.  Pookie was too funny during that time.  He would keep turning around and looking at me, to make sure I was still there.  I know he's working on object permanence.

The thing that I find the most fascinating is that I get comments like this ALL the time.  I know he's quick to learn how to crawl.  That probably means that he'll be late to talk.  There is always give and take with various developments.  I guess it also boils down to what you are used too. 

In other funny news - As I was feeding Pookie this morning, he kept moving his head.  I almost feel that feeding him should be an Olympic sport some days.  Well, as it turns out, he kept putting his head down.  Inevitably when the spoon is in front of his mouth and he would get peaches on his nose.  One time it was a little too vigorous, and he got peaches UP his nose!  Oh!  The expression on his face was priceless!  It was so bad I had to get the boogie sucker (aka nasal aspirator) out and suck out the peaches.  He looked so happy as the peaches got sucked out.  Ah, it's all about the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment