Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Olympics

I really think that the Olympics should add a baby division.  Who can properly diaper and clothe a child the fastest?  Who can feed a baby solids with the least amount of mess and the most food in the mouth?  Then there should be the car seat dash.  Which would involve getting the baby into the car seat, picking up the baby in the car seat and running to the car and then properly installing the car seat in the base.  Oh, and don't forget the save the baby sprint.  That would involve sprinting to a baby that was reaching for something harmful.  The Olympics could have a whole sub-division called the Mommy Games.

Rob is always amazed at my ability to diaper Pookie while half asleep.  This, however, is not always a good thing.  This morning I was having a few technical difficulties and I could have sworn that Pookie was awake.  I was out of bed and to the hall before realizing that Pookie was still sound asleep.  However, Rob was getting ready for work.  He thought I woke up to make a pit stop to the bathroom, but was surprised that I turned around and headed back to bed without making a pit stop.  I'm sure one day he'll find me making a bottle and trying to give it to the dog.  I think as long as I'm not trying to nurse the dog, everything will be okay.

Speaking of the dog.  He's been having accidents in the house.  Again.  I mentioned to Rob that we could cut a hole in Pookie’s diapers for the tail and put them on the dog.  Rob didn't think that was too funny.  Although, they do make diapers for dogs.  Maybe we should invest.

(I'm sorry this post isn't very cohesive.  I really need to get more sleep!)

As an aside.  I just wanted to update everyone about the hurricane.  On Sunday Rob decided that he needed to go to Dunkins to get himself a coffee and sandwich.  He was very thoughtful and bought me munchkins.  I was impressed that Dunkins was open, but Dunkins is always open.  Rob likes to get coffee from them when he's out plowing during the winter.  Then Rob decided that his truck was in need of a bath and washed his truck.  (Rob washed it in the garage.)  We never lost power.  Although there was a brown out for all of 30 seconds, in the middle of the day.  There are some downed branches and leaves everywhere.  There are some tree limbs that need to be looked at, but technically they are not on our property.  It's city owned.  More than likely Rob will take them down.  There was some tree damage in our neighborhood.  But I don't think there was anything too severe.  Where we live is like a bubble.  We get weather, but the bad stuff goes around us.  Considering that there is almost nothing I love more than a good storm, this does sadden me a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment